Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Fw: DocBook TC action item.

/ "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> was heard to say:
| Below is my draft of a proposal for the mathphrase element.  Sorry it is
| coming in so late, but things have been crush around here the last two
| weeks.  I sent a copy to Norm earlier and have had Dick Hamilton review

Sorry, Larry, I got distracted by the whole xml:id fracas and a bunch
of things fell of my todo list.

| The content model for two current elements would be extended, equation
| and informalequation:
|
| equation ::=
| (blockinfo?,
|  (title,titleabbrev?)?,
|  (informalequation|
|   (alt?,
|    (graphic+|mediaobject+|
|     (mathphrase,sbr?)+))))
|
| informalequation ::=
| (blockinfo?,
|  (alt?,
|   (graphic+|mediaobject+
|    (mathphrase,sbr?)+)))

I wouldn't have expected sbr (synopsis break) to find its way into there...

| mathphrase ::=
| (#PCDATA|varname|parameter|constant|symbol|superscript|subscript|emphasi
| s)*

I think I expected (#PCDATA|superscript|subscript|%ubiq)*, but I can
see why the others might be useful.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The lasting pleasures of contact
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | with the natural world are not
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | reserved for scientists but are