Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook 5.0 namespace

Norman Walsh wrote:

> | namespace name. What about
> |
> | 	http://docbook.org/ns/docbook
>
> Yeah, I think I like that. It leaves us /ns/xxx for other things should
> we choose to do so.

Yesterday someone was proposing http://ns.docbook.org/something for
namespace name. I have been thinking about it more and I don't think it
is a good idea. First it is quite inconvenient to use third level domain
name for this IMHO (I didn't see such namespace before), and more
importantly domain names starting with "ns" are usually used for DNS
servers. It could cause some confusion among users that have networking
background.

So if this won't be against OASIS naming rules I think that

	http://docbook.org/ns/docbook

is the best namespace name we had on a plate till now.

I still personally think that URNs are better for namespace names, but
web is moving in a little bit different direction and it is probably
better to respect this than to resist on something (I mean URNs) that
will look quite odd for many users in a future.

				Jirka

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature