Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook NG is "up-to-date"

Hi Norm,

Now that I think about it, I wonder if putting caption on mediaobject is the
right thing.  A mediaobject is a container for multiple _media_ objects, and
a caption is a separate element from those objects.  I don't think it should
be in the mediaobject container.  An alternative is to also allow caption on
informalfigure, informaltable, and informalexample, but not mediaobject.  I
have certainly seen a style where pictures have explanatory captions but no
title or number.  Then if someone wanted to add a caption but didn't want a
title, they could wrap the mediaobject and caption in an informalfigure or
informalexample.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Norman Walsh" <ndw@nwalsh.com>
To: <docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 5:40 AM
Subject: [docbook-tc] DocBook NG is "up-to-date"

I spent some time with DocBook NG this morning. I believe that I've
implemented all of the changes that we discussed and checked them into
CVS:

  * Support annotations as per the 20 Apr 2005 DocBook TC meeting

  * Allow alt in more places

  * Make separate patterns for attributes and enumerations

  * Allow floatstyle on table and informaltable

  * Allow caption in mediaobject, figure, example, and table

  * Method attribute values in lowercase; action is an xsd:anyURI on HTML
forms

  * Fix action attribute; add enctype and accept attributes; support
fieldset
    in HTML forms

  * Allow common attributes on HTML table elements; allow orient,
    pgwide, tabstyle, and floatstyle on HTML table element

  * Allow title to be optional on equation

I'll probably release DocBook NG: The "Lillet" Release over the weekend.