Subject: Re: XInclude support in DocBook NG

/ Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> was heard to say:
| I found that it doesn't work 100% correctly. You added XInclude element to:
|
| db.all.blocks |= db.xi.include
| db.all.inlines |= db.xi.include
|
| But this doesn't allow to use xi:include for example on chapter level.
| Probably more customization is needed. I'm not very familiar with
| internals of DocBook NG schema yet, but I think that xi:include should
| be added at least to the following patterns:
|
| db.toplevel.optional.sections
| db.toplevel.required.sections
| db.recursive.optional.sections
| db.recursive.required.sections
| db.divisions
| db.components
|
| May be adding XInclude using interleave operator would be easier. But
| that would require having named patterns for content models of all
| elements that can contain xi:include IMHO.
|
| I can try to investigate this further if you are interested.

I took a look. It was considerably harder than I had hoped. Part of
the problem is that the patterns for sections were all wrong and fixing
those made these even more complex.

And factoring in the fact that refentry is optional and has an impact
on these patterns meant that I had to invent a ctrl:conditional
operation for the build process.

I'll have a new release shortly that may (or may not) have gotten all
this right.

I'm still uncertain whether it's worth the effort.

Certainly, for the documentation, I'm going to want to supress the
xi:include elements as they make the patterns frighteningly complex.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Many who find the day too long,
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | think life too short.--Charles
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | Caleb Colton