Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] The first draft of DB5 how-to

/ Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> was heard to say:
| attached is the first draft of transition guide for DocBook V5.0. If you would
| like to see rendered (albeit not yet very fancy) version go to:
|
| http://kosek.cz/temp/dbng-howto.html
| http://kosek.cz/temp/dbng-howto.pdf
|
| Comments are more then welcome. I'm CC'ing Mike Smith because he has been using
| DocBook NG for a long period and can provide useful feedback and ideas.
|
| I will really appreciate if some native speaker can do proofreading. Any
| volunteers?

I'll do a once-through for English grammar.

| Extensive section about customizations is missing, I might have time for
| finishing it during the next month.

I'll try to convert the relevant chapter of TDG soon.

| During writing of this text I found two things that should be sorted out before
| we release the first alpha of DocBook V5.0.
|
| * Draft of DocBook V5.0 specification points to address http://docbook.org/rng/
| where schemas should be, but aren't.

We don't have any official 5.0 schemas to point to yet.

| * We should decide on locations where particular schemas (DTD, RNG,
|   WXS) will be available and mention these locations in how-to.

True. I suppose the consistent thing to do would be to leave them under /xml.

| I also started thinking about the best way to publish this how-to. Should we
| publish it as an TC outcome on OASIS site? Or on docbook.sf.net or docbook.org?
| Actually I would like to publish it somewhere where can I easily update it. Of
| course I can always publish it on my site, where I can easily modify it. I just
| like to know your opinions.

Any of the above seem fine to me.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | There exist some evils so terrible
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | and some misfortunes so horrible
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | that we dare not think of them,