Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Schematron problem in DB5 grammar

/ Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> was heard to say:
| I think that we could left RNC schema intact as it is mostly source
| format and I don't know any Schematron validator which is able to
| extract rules from RNC files. However I would suggest to surround rule
| elements by pattern element in RNG schemas. This should be matter of
| simple XSLT transformation in the build process. We also should add
|
| <s:ns prefix="db" uri="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
| xmlns:s="http://www.ascc.net/xml/schematron"/>
|
| to the top of RNG schema. This is good practice in Schematron because
| of YOU-KNOW-WHO (QNames in attribute values ;-) and some Schematron
| implementatios are not working without this.

It looks like we're encountering some interoperability issues with the
schematron rules embedded directly in the schema. I'm tempted to yank
them out entirely in 5.0b1 and simply ship a separate Schematron
schema.

If we can get the tools vendors to some consensus on how to encode
Schematron rules inside a RELAX NG grammar, we can start shipping them
that way again.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The richness of life lies in
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | memories we have
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | forgotten.--Cesare Pavese