Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] 5.0b1 distrib?

/ Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> was heard to say:
| Norman Walsh wrote:
|> How does this look for the 5.0b1 distribution?
|
| Overall it looks good for me, see comments bellow:
|
|> README
|> docs/howto.xml
|> docs/howto.html
|> docs/howto.pdf
|
| I think that howto should be placed into distribution, but at the same
| time I think that we should have possibility to update it more often
| then schemas. How we will maintain this discrepancy then? For example

I suggest we treat the howto like a W3C spec and put a link to "the
most recent version" at the top of the file. Then we can ship the
current version with the schemas and you can update the version
at, for example, http://docbook.org/docs/howto.* as often as you want.

| There are also several images referenced from howto, they should be
| also packaged.

Thanks. Did you send them to me?

|> docs/spec.xml
|> docs/spec.html
|> docs/spec.pdf
|> VERSION
|> catalog.xml
|> dtd/docbook.dtd
|> dtd/docbookxi.dtd
|> xsd/docbook.xsd
|> xsd/xml.xsd
|> xsd/xlink.xsd
|> xsd/docbookxi.xsd
|> xsd/xi.xsd
|> rng/docbook.rnc
|> rng/docbook.rng
|> rng/docbookxi.rnc
|> rng/docbookxi.rng
|> sch/docbook.sch
|
| I thought that you have planned to include V4 to V5 upgrading
| stylesheets as a part of the distribution, but I didn't see it in the
| list.

Good catch, I added

  tools/db4-upgrade.xsl
  tools/db4-entities.pl

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The universe that we observe has
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | precisely the properties we should
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | expect if there is, at bottom, no