Subject: Re: my action item - DocBook TC Meeting Agenda: 21 December 2005

For my action item on xNAL, the best summary is on this OASIS page:

        http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ciq/ciq.shtml

Other good links are:

        Robin Cover's xNAL page: http://xml.coverpages.org/xnal.html
        OASIS CIQ home page
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ciq

The xNAL/xNL/xAL specs are name and address schemas for use in
communication between buisnesses and customers.

My opinion, FWIW, is that they are,too big complex to usefully incorporate
to any great extent in DocBook; we can do with a much more lightweigh set
of elements/attributes to describe people or organizations.  We could look
at some of the elements to see if we can make any of our elements
isomorphic to similar elements in the schemas, but trying to match them up
exactly would be a waste of our time.

____
Nancy Harrison
IBM Rational Software