Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook DITA presentation not accepted

/ "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> was heard to say:
| I just got mail from the organizers of the OASIS Symposium 2006
| Program Committee that our proposal for a session on
| "Interoperability Case Study: DITA and DocBook" was not accepted
| for the program.  However, they offered to schedule a poster
| session in which it would be appropriate.

Wow. Given the popularity of DocBook and the growing popularity of
DITA, I'm quite surprised. I guess if it's not WS-* related, it's
just not interesting these days. Sigh.

I'm speaking at the DITA conference[1] in March and I had thought I'd be
able to point to the symposium as a place to go for good
interoperability information. I wonder if I should tailor my talk to
be (more) about interoperability in light of the fact that there won't
be a symposium session. Hmmm...

I also wonder if we should work to produce some sort of joint
submission for XML 2006. (My expense request for XTech was declined
and I don't think Extreme is quite the right venue.)

[1] http://upcoming.org/event/46020/

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | There comes a time when a man must
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | take himself, for better or worse,