OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 March 2006

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 March 2006

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 15 March 2006
at 05:00p EST (02:00p PST, 22:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST,
07:00JST+, 03:30a India+) for 60 minutes.

1. Roll call

Present: Steve Cogorno, Gary Cornelius, Paul Grosso, Mark
Johnson, Dick Hamilton, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson,
Gershon Joseph, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton,
Norman Walsh

Absent: Adam Di Carlo, Kay Ethier, Alex Povzner

Observers: Sandi Castle

2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.  Accepted
without changes.

3. Next meeting: 19 April 2006

4. Review of the agenda.

No additions.

5. Review of open action items

    a.  The Java language has added java annotations, and Norm
        wondered how these would be marked up in a synopsis.
        The C# language also has annotations, Jirka pointed out.
        ACTION: Jirak took over this action item to investigate.

    b.  Norm to pursue moving 4.5 to a full OASIS vote.

    c.  Norm to fix required xlink bug in the XSD generation

    d.  Dick to incorporate his guidelines for
        handling deleted elements into the comments and
        Definitive Guide.

    e.  Norm to propose a content model for cover.

    f.  Norm to fix sdocbook (optional caption in
        informaltable) and release a new version.

    g.  Jirka to close out RFE 1351109 and respond to the

6.  DocBook 4.5 standards progress.

It was noticed that citebiblioid was not present in the same
places as other citation elements, although it should be.
Since we are still on 4.5CR1, Norm suggested
creating a 4.5CR2 version with this fix before sending it
to become an OASIS standard.  All committee members should
review and test 4.5CR2. We will try for the April cycle
for OASIS approval.  Norm said it may require another
committee ballot because of the change.

ACTION: Norm to create 4.5 CR2.

ACTION: Norm to call the question to adopt 4.5 CR2 as the
committee's candidate for an OASIS standard.

ACTION: Norm to determine if we need another official
OASIS committee ballot.

7.  What to do about citebiblioid? 4.5.1? 4.6?  (Norm)

See item 6.

8.  DocBook 5 issues.

Norm released a 5.0 beta4.  See his announcement. [2]
See the spec for a list of changes. [3]
Download the schemas from docbook.org. [4]

Discussed whether refmiscinfo element should have an
enumerated class element, or a type element.
Larry requested that if they are enumerated, then a
value of "other" should be supported as well.

ACTION: Norm to post to mailing list about enumerated
class values on this element.

Jirka is using 5.0 with clients, and has posted information
on customizing it.  [5]

Jirka suggested we create a naming scheme for customizations
similar to the formal public identifiers for DTDs.

ACTION: Bob to add RNG customization naming schemes to
next meeting agenda.

9.  Resolve ourselves against the new OASIS IPR policy.

Norm said we must choose one of the three IPR policies
or the committee will cease to exist.  The OASIS policy document
is available for review.  [6]

Various members have legal resources they can consult.
We will try to have more information for the next meeting.

ACTION: Mark, Nancy, and Norm will consult their legal resources
regarding OASIS IPR policy choice.

10. Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


      1306027  Support for annotations in synopsis elements

Jirka posted a proposal about this.  [7]
Members should review his proposal.

ACTION: Bob to add this to next month's agenda.

      1416903  Front and back cover copy

This was approved last month, pending Norm's content model
suggestion.  He added it to DocBook 5.0b4, and the committee
approved it.

      1434294  Allow MathML in imageobject

Since SVG is permitted, allowing MathML seems like a
logical addition.  No objections, so it was approved.

      1440204  New element 'periodical'

Jirka suggested using a book element to wrap a set of articles.
Larry commented that a periodical is not part of the
DocBook domain.  The request was denied.

      1442460  XInclude in info

The info elements were overlooked when the XInclude version
of 5.0 was created.  The group agreed that they should
have it.

ACTION: Norm to add to next 5.0 beta.

ACTION: Bob and Norm to review RFEs to close any
that should be closed.

Meeting adjourned at 6:05pm EST.
- ---

[3] http://docbook.org/specs/docbook-5.0b4-spec-wd-01.html#s.50b4
[4] http://docbook.org/xml/5.0b4/index.html
[5] http://xmlguru.cz/2006/03/easy-docbook-specialization
[6] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]