OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 April 2006

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 April 2006

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 19 April 2006 at 05:00p 
EDT (02:00p PDT, 21:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 06:00JST+, 02:30a India+) 
for 70 minutes.

1. Roll call

Present: Steve Cogorno, Gary Cornelius, Paul Grosso, Dick Hamilton, Nancy 
Harrison, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland, Bob 
Stayton, Norman Walsh

Absent: Adam Di Carlo, Mark Johnson, Alex Povzner

2. Accepted the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 17 May 2006.

4. Review of the agenda.

No additions to the agenda.

5. Review of open action items

    a.  Norm to release 4.5 CR2.

    b.  Norm to call the question to adopt 4.5 CR2 as the
        committee's candidate for an OASIS standard.

    c.  Norm to determine if we need another official OASIS
        committee ballot.

    d.  Norm to post to mailing list about enumerated
        class values on refmiscinfo.

    e.  Bob to add RNG customization naming schemes to next agenda.

    f.  Mark, Nancy, and Norm will consult their legal resources
        regarding OASIS IPR policy choice.

    g.  Bob to add synopsis annotation proposal to next agenda.

    h.  Norm to add XInclude to info elements in next 5.0 beta.

    i.  Norm and Bob to review and close any RFEs that
        should be closed.

6.  DocBook 4.5 standards progress.

Norm completed all the preparation for submitting 4.5 as an OASIS standard, 
except we need three member organizations to declare they are using it.  We 
have two, and need one more.

7.  DocBook 5 issues.

Norm fixed some bugs in Beta 4 and released Beta 5 on 12 April.  Larry 
raised a question about tables of contents and lists of titles. This will 
be discussed on the docbook mailing list.

8.  Resolve ourselves against the new OASIS IPR policy.
    See http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/chairs/200602/msg00038.html

Continued to the next meeting.

9.  RNG customization naming schemes. See Jirka's proposal [2].

Jirka also posted some examples at:

Jirka's proposal was adopted unanimously.

ACTION: Norm to add these guidelines to the reference guide.

ACTION: Dick will add it to the HowTo document.

10.  Proposal for annotations on synopsis elements [3]

Jirka proposed using the modifier element to record this information. 
There was some discussion about whether modifier would cover all the use 

ACTION: Jirka to investigate whether modifier needs to be added to any 
content models.

ACTION: Jirka to investigate whether modifier needs a class attribute.

11. Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


      1306027  Support for annotations in synopsis elements

Covered in agenda item 10.

      1468921  add person element

The committee discussed the use cases and the proposed element structure. 
There was concern about putting such structured content in an inline 
element, especially personblurb which contains paragraph content. The group 
saw the need to record information inline, but that processing expectations 
should be that the application format some information inline, ignore some, 
or process some out of line (footnotes, popups, appendix lists, etc.).

Norm suggested that organization names need similar treatment.  The 
following two content models were proposed:

org = orgname, (address|affiliation|email|orgdiv)*

person = personname, (address|affiliation|email|personblurb)*

These new elements are to be added to appropriate inline content models.

The proposal was accepted, intended for DocBook v5.

ACTION: Norm to add person and org elements to V5 Beta 6.

Meeting adjourned at 6:10 EDT.

- ---

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200603/msg00012.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200604/msg00010.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200602/msg00023.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]