OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 May 2006


On my action item  (5a), I spoke with IBM's OASIS coordinator (Michael Weiner).

According to Michael, everyone who began or renewed an OASIS membership during the year from April 2005 - April 2006, either corporate or individual, has agreed to be bound by the new IPR policy, requiring use of one of the three IPR modes.  If someone is an individual OASIS member working for an organization, and the intellectual property in play is therefore IP belonging to the organization, they were required to get signoff by the organization on the three IP modes in order to join/renew as an individual member. If you're working for an organization (corporate or non-profit or consortium) and your membership is covered under your organization's membership, your organization agreed to the three IP modes as part of renewing their membership this past year.

While on the topic, Michael mentioned that
- IBM would be comfortable with any IPR mode we choose for DocBook, including either of the 'royalty-free' IPR modes
- from his interaction with them, he thought HP might be more restrictive in preferring one royalty-free mode over the other
- everyone on the DocBook TC is already either an organizational or individual member under the new rules.(accepting the new IPR policy)

hope this is useful


Nancy Harrison
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 781-676-2535

"Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>

05/15/2006 12:14 PM

"DocBook Technical Committee" <docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org>
[docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 May 2006

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 May 2006

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 17 May 2006 at
05:00p EDT (02:00p PDT, 21:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 06:00JST+,
02:30a India+) for 90 minutes.

The teleconference phone number is +1.865.524.6352. The participant
code is 7386368. Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.

The DocBook TC uses the #docbook IRC channel on irc.freenode.org.
The IRC channel is used for exchanging URIs, providing out-of-band
comments, and other aspects of the teleconference, so please join us
there if at all possible.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.
3. Next meeting: 21 June 2006
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

   a.  Mark, Nancy, and Norm will consult their legal resources
       regarding OASIS IPR policy choice.

   b.  Norm and Bob to review and close any RFEs that should be closed.

   c.  Norm to add these RNG customization guidelines to the reference

   d.  Dick to add RNG customization guidelines to the HowTo document.

   e.  Jirka to investigate whether modifier needs to be added to any
       content models (for synopsis annotations).

   f.  Jirka to investigate whether modifier needs a class attribute.

   g.  Norm to add person and org elements to V5 Beta 6.

6.  DocBook 4.5 standards progress.

7.  DocBook 5 issues.

8.  Resolve ourselves against the new OASIS IPR policy.
   See http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/chairs/200602/msg00038.html
   Continued from previous meeting.

9. Proposal for annotations on synopsis elements [2]
   Continued from previous meeting.

10. Review of Requests for Enhancement

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


     1473273  person/org in author, editor, etc?
     1473274  add mediaobject to person and org
     1478012  Add linumsep and linenumstep to programlisting and screen

- ---

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200604/msg00024.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200602/msg00023.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting

To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in OASIS

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]