Subject: RE: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 28 June 2006

I have added your next meeting to my calendar. I would appreciate any
feedback from the DocBook TC in terms of interest in the scenario posted to
the docstandards InterOp list.
Thanks!
Dee Schur
Member Support
www.oasis-open.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Norman Walsh [mailto:ndw@nwalsh.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:44 AM
To: docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 28
June 2006

/ "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> was heard to say:
| 5. Review of open action items
|
|    a.  Norm and Bob to review and close any RFEs that should be closed.

Not yet, alas.

|    b.  Norm to add person and org elements to V5 Beta 6.

Done.

|    c.  (Norm?) Invite Dee to attend meeting regarding interop.

Drat.

|    d.  Norm to push 4.5 standardization process.

Done.

|    e.  Norm to add db.publishing.inlines to 5.0 bibliomixed.

Done.

|    f.  Nancy/Norm to find out if making the license more restricted
|        is going to cause any heartburn.

I looked it over and I think it's ok. Of course, IANAL.

|     g. Norm to change content model of methodparam as proposed and allow
|        xml:space on modifier.

Done.

|     h. Norm to write a more comprehensive proposal for numbering changes.

Done.

| 6.  DocBook 4.5 standards progress.

We've balloted and I'll send in the stuff before 15 July. Then we need
to get members to vote.

Done, http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200606/msg00003.html

| 9.  Units markup, see:
|       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200606/msg00000.html

It's not obvious to me that this is something DocBook needs. I don't
think we have enough use cases to justify trying to persuade the units
TC one way or the other, but we can look at what they produce and see
if we want to adopt it (or parts of it).

I suspect that like the personal naming TC, it'll be much more
complicated than we can usefully adopt. But we can certainly look.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Everything should be made as
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | simple as possible, but no simpler.
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |