Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] align common elements?

That is something that may need to be worked out in the interoperability forum, but I think even Norm has lamented in the past about the decision to use "para" instead of "p"...

I imagine some of the alignment would be more along the HTML/DITA line, such as:
para = p
itemizedlist = ul
orderedlist = ol
listitem = li

We might also want to propose to that the other standards to adopt some of the DocBook element names, such as:
emphasis
phrase
trademark
figure

There are probably additional candidates, but I just wanted to propose the idea. I hadn't seen much discussion along these lines in the interop forum...

--Scott