Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] align common elements?

/ "Scott Hudson" <scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com> was heard to say:
| At what level do you think we should focus on DocBook interoperating with DITA
| and/or ODF?
| I was thinking that some of the more common elements/structures would have some
| benefit to being interchangeable. Perhaps at this point, the differences in
| content models prevent that and we just have to look to mapping the
| transformations...

I'd start by trying to figure out what the common subset is between
DocBook, DITA, and ODF. Then I'd write DocBook and DITA customizations
that limited authors to that subset. (I don't know what to do about
ODF in this regard). Then I'd write some tools to transform one into
the other with the goal of defining the subset in such a way that
round-tripping is possible.

When all that was done, I'd look around and see if anything more was
needed.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Note: you are currently using an
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | unregistered evaluation copy of
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | your life. Register now for the