OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 September 2006

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 September 2006

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 20 September 2006 at
05:00p EDT (02:00p PDT, 21:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 06:00JST+,
02:30a India+) for 45 minutes.

1. Roll call

Present: Gary Cornelius, Paul Grosso, Nancy Harrison, 
Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton,
Norman Walsh

Regrets: Steve Cogorno

On leave: Dick Hamilton

2. Accepted the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 20 September 2006

Paul expresses regrets.

4. Review of the agenda.

No changes or additions.

5. Review of open action items

    a.  Norm and Bob to review and close any RFEs that should be closed.

    b.  Norm to ask David Carlyle of W3C if others have
        reported problems Unicode 3.1 (more than 16 bits) 
       in the entity sets.

    c.  Jirka to recommend where datatypes should be added in DB5.

    d.  Bob to investigate what other biblio elements might
        be appropriate inline.

6.  DocBook 4.5 standards progress.

DocBook 4.5 as OASIS Standard went out to vote on Sept 1.
So far 7% of members (25) have voted all in favor.
We need 10%, so urge members to vote.

7.  Data types in DB5 (see Jirka's proposal [2]).

Jirka described which attributes in DocBook 5 could have
data types associated with them.  Bob suggested that
the annotation attributes should not be of type IDREF.
He described a modular documentation system in which an
annotation for an element may reside in a different modular file,
in which case the module would not validate.

The Committee adopted Jirka's recommendations, except for
annotation attributes which will remain text.

ACTION: Norm to produce a new DB5 beta.

8.  Other DocBook 5 issues.

Bob mentioned the discussion on the mailing list about
whether HTML tables should be in the XHTML namespace.
No one proposed changing the HTML table markup in 
DocBook 5 to use the XHTML namespace.

ACTION: Norm to enhance the description of HTML table markup
in The Definitive Guide.

9.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


      1535166  Check datatypes of attributes  

See agenda item 7.

      1537424  Allow Jobtitle inline  

Continued pending Bob's research on other elements.

ACTION: Bob to add to next month's agenda.

      1546008  qandaentry and TOC: question is not title!  

This is a stylesheet issue, since the already schema provides
info elements to store a title that could be used in the TOC.

      1549632  db5 inlineequation should require inlinemediaobject  


ACTION: Norm to make this change in the next DB5 beta.

      1554914  make olink targetdoc attribute optional  

Bob argued that when using olinks to link in a single document
composed of several file modules, it is not necessary to
use a targetdoc attribute on each olink because there is
only one target document.  This practice is already established
in the current stylesheet.  The proposal was Accepted.

      1557319  indexterm parents like replaceable  

This is already allowed in DocBook 5.  If we ever release
a DocBook 4.6, we will consider it for the DocBook 4 line.

ACTION: Norm to explain to the RFE submittor.

Meeting adjourned 5:45 EDT.

- ---

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200608/msg00004.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200608/msg00005.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]