Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] It looks like DocBook V4.5 will pass!

I just checked the tally this morning, and the vote is 53 yes and 0 no.
Unless there is some other glitch, I think it passed.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jirka Kosek" <jirka@kosek.cz>
To: <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
Cc: <docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 8:51 AM

Mary McRae wrote:

>   Please note that Kavi calculation is not accurate -- 15% of 357 is
> 52.05,
> meaning that you need 53 votes ...

This is not very good joke. I checked ballot page yesterday evening
(CEST) to see if we have enough votes. I saw 15% percent here, so I
didn't urged several members that are from US, who were at that time at
their work and can make additional votes before they will leave their
computers and go to weekend (when voting ends).

It is absolutely unacceptable for me if 15% shown on OASIS page doesn't
mean 15% in reality. If this confusing information will led to fact that
DocBook V4.5 will not be approved as an OASIS standard I will have no
other possibility then to leave OASIS. Members of TC did a lot of hard
work to prepare DocBook V4.5 and I can't support organization that is
wasting time and talent of those people because of rounding error.

Regards,

Jirka Kosek

                    Nejbližší termíny školení:
     ** XSLT 23.-26.10.2006 ** XML schémata 13.-15.11.2006 **
      ** DocBook 11.-13.12.2006 ** XSL-FO 11.-12.12.2006 **
   http://xmlguru.cz    Blog mostly about XML for English readers