Subject: FW: [docbook-tc] Approval of DocBook v4.5 as OASIS Standard

Congratulations! My thanks to Norm and the entire DocBook for continuing to
develop this very important - and very widely used - standard.

There's just one more thing I need to make DocBook v4.5 official - a new copy of
the document declaring the status as "OASIS Standard" along with the date of
approval (1 October 2006). I'll then link to that from the OASIS Standard page.

I'd also like to let the TC know that UBL v2.0 is being converted to DocBook as
I write this, and the upcoming UBL v2.0 OASIS Standard submission will include
the DocBook "editable source."

Regards,

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary McRae [mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 7:50 PM
To: members@lists.oasis-open.org; tc-announce@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org

OASIS members:

We are pleased to announce that the DocBook v4.5 Specification has been approved
as an OASIS Standard. The submission of the approved standard can be found at
[1].

Congratulations to the OASIS DocBook TC, and the community of implementers,
developers and users who have brought the work successfully to culmination.

Mary

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200609/msg00001.html

Mary P McRae
Manager of TC Administration, OASIS