Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] inlinemediaobject in alt?

In this situation, would anyone ever want to use it to include an audio alternative to the text? Or is that covered by programs like Jaws?

____
Nancy Harrison
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 781-676-2535
nancyph@us.ibm.com

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>

11/06/2006 09:42 AM

docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
Re: [docbook-tc] inlinemediaobject in alt?

/ "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> was heard to say:
| I just noticed that the alt element in DocBook 5.0 contains text and/or
| inlinemediaobject.  Can someone remind me why we have inlinemediaobject in alt,
| given that the reference page calls it a text-only annotation?

Inlinemediaobject is basically allowed anywhere text is so that it can
be used to introduce glyphs not available in the document's encoding.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Everything should be made as
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | simple as possible, but no simpler.
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |

atts03sa.dat