Subject: RE: [docbook-tc] IPR Transition Deadline rapidly approaching

Here is an only slightly edited copy of what I just posted
to the DITA TC list about this topic (and this is what I
suggest this TC do too):

I would much prefer to spend TC telcon time working on
technical issues.

I would like to propose that we open the IPR transition
issue by asking if there are any objections to going
with OASIS' standard RF option.

If there are objections, those objecting can start an
email discussion about it.

If there are no objections, we can task someone (Norm?)
to draft the necessary documents offline, and then we
can vote on them.

There is nothing I'd like to avoid more than wasting
telcon time talking about IP issues.

paul