Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Re: db5: info in HTML Tables?

/ "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com> was heard to say:
| I don't see those elements in the 4.4 stuff I do have on
| my machine.  Have we, as a TC, approved adding such to
| the CALS table model for any version yet?

No.

CALS always had a parameter entity hook for titles:

<!ENTITY % titles  'title?'>
<!ENTITY % tbl.table-titles.mdl "%titles;,">
<!ENTITY % tbl.table-main.mdl   "(tgroup+|graphic+)">
<!ENTITY % tbl.table.mdl        "%tbl.table-titles.mdl; %tbl.table-main.mdl;">
<!ELEMENT table %ho; (%tbl.table.mdl;)>

So I think our "redefinition" of that parameter entity to include
info, title, alt, and indexterms is within reason.

Inside a table, CALS has a parameter entity initially defined to be
tgroup|graphic. We've changed that to tgroup|mediaobject which seems
entirely reasonable.

I think the addition of "caption" at the end is a bug. It's in the 4.x
content model for HTML tables and I think I copied into 5.0 by
accident. (Note that in 4.5, you cannot have a caption after a
tgroup).

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Everything should be made as
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | simple as possible, but no simpler.
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |