Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Agenda suggestion

Norman Walsh wrote:

> With respect to RFEs this month, I suggest we begin discussing a
> "feature freeze" for 5.0.

I thought that going from beta to CR means automatic feature freeze
(FF). But if I'm wrong I'm for as early FF as possible.

> Looking at the current list, I'd be tempted to make the cut this way:
>
> For 5.0:
>
> 1682917  add pgwide to example
> 1679775  Fix termdef so that glossterm isn't ambiguous
> 1673820  define an xlink:role for olinking
> 1666938  Add a description element to subject
> 1664541  allow termdef in acronym
> 1644553  Add a label attribute to all elements with caption
> 1641607  Add values for (table|informaltable)/@frame
> 1626321  Add a frame attribute to entrytbl element
> 1588693  Allow ackno in book
>
> I'm not suggesting I approve of all the proposals made in those RFEs,
> only that we ought to decide them before we ship 5.0.
>
> After 5.0:
>
> 1679712  Fix header comment in dbpoolx.mod (SGML)
> 1679665  Add better support for modular documentation
>  669128  Investigate MIME type situation

Looks reasonable to me.

> I suggest that we make the cutoff date for new RFEs to be considered
> in 5.0 14 days from the publication of CR3.

Is it really necessary? Why just do not simply decide only on issues in
you first list, then release CR3 and if there are no bug reports for one
month then release final version of 5.0?

					Jirka

 OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO/JTC1/SC34 member
 Want to speak at XML Prague 2007 => http://xmlprague.cz/cfp.html

OpenPGP digital signature