OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 21 March 2007

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 21 March 2007

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 28
June 2006 at 05:00p EDT (02:00p PDT, 21:00GMT, 22:00BST,
23:00CEST, 06:00JST+, 02:30a India+) for 70 minutes.


1. Roll call

Present: Steve Cogorno, Paul Grosso, Scott Hudson,
Gershon Joseph, Jirka Kosek, Bob Stayton,
Norman Walsh

Regrets: Patricia Gee, Larry Rowland

Absent: Gary Cornelius, Dick Hamilton, Nancy Harrison

2. Accepted the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 18 April 2007

NOTE: DATE MOVED TO 25 April to avoid conflict with OASIS

4. Review of the agenda.

Order of agenda was changed.  See 5a and 5b.

5. Review of open action items

  a. Norm to create a new DB5 candidate release with
     caption on cals table and informaltable, title and
     titleabbrev in qandaentry, expand HTML table caption
     content model to match titles, and allow empty glossary.

  b. Norm to write an RFC for registering a DocBook MIME type.

  c. Scott to  create a test file of info in CALS
     table and try it with various XML editors.

  d. Scott to work on creating a subcommittee charter
     to submit to the TC.

5a.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


  1097183  Allow Task as a sibling of sections

    Postponed until after 5.0 release.

  1588693  Allow ackno in book  

    APPROVED addition of acknowledgements element at same
    level as dedication.

    ACTION: Norm to add to next 5.0CR.

  1626321  Add a frame attribute to entrytbl element  

    There was no consensus to change the CALS table model
    at this level.  A workaround exists using tgroupstyle.

  1641607  Add values for (table|informaltable)/@frame  

    There was no consensus to change the CALS table model
    at this level.  A workaround exists using tabstyle.

  1644553  Add a label attribute to all elements with caption  

    APPROVED adding label to table, the only formal element that
    was missing label.

    ACTION: Norm to add to next 5.0CR.

  1664541  allow termdef in acronym  

    Not approved.  Other options available.

  1666938  Add a description element to subject  

    Not clear what the intention is here.  Other elements may suffice.
    ACTION: Bob will ask the submittor for more information.

  1673820  define an xlink:role for olinking  

    APPROVED declaring a convention to recommend using
    role="http://docbook.org/xlink/role/olink"; in olinks for
    universal linking in 5.0.  No change to the schema.

    ACTION: Bob to write up description for The Definitive Guide.

  1679665  Add better support for modular documentation  


  1679712  Fix header comment in dbpoolx.mod (SGML) 

    ACTION: Norm to discuss with submittor.

  1679775  Fix termdef so that glossterm isn't ambiguous  

    APPROVED changing the content model of termdef to require
    one firstterm element, which serves as the focus of the termdef.
    That would permit other glossterm elements not being defined.
    ACTION: Norm to add to next 5.0CR.

  1682917  add pgwide to example  

    APPROVED to add pgwide attribute to example so all formal
    objects have it.

    ACTION: Norm to add to next 5.0CR.

5b.  DocBook 5 feature freeze

The Committee wants to finish up 5.0.  Any RFEs submitted
after April 20 that are not bug fixes will not be
considered for 5.0.

6.  Registered MIME type for DocBook XML
    See Norm's proposal  [2]

No objection to Norm's draft text.

ACTION: Norm to submit as an Internet Draft RFC, and will track it
through the approval process.

7.  info in html tables (continued from last meeting)

Scott tested it in various editors without problems.

APPROVED adding info to the HTML table element in 5.0

ACTION: Norm to add to next 5.0CR.

8.  Extend charter to include commercial publishing
    (continued from last meeting).
    See Scott's proposed charter [3]

APPROVED Scott's proposed charter for a subcommittee on
commercial publishing.

ACTION: Norm to follow up with OASIS on the procedure for
doing a TC Subcommittee.

Meeting adjourned at 6:10 EDT.


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200703/msg00004.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200703/msg00005.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200703/msg00002.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]