Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 23 May 2007

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 23 May 2007
The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 23 May 2007 at
05:00p EDT (02:00p PDT, 21:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 06:00JST+,
02:30a India+).

Minutes

| 1. Roll call

Present: Norm, Dick, Paul, Scott, Jim
Regrets: Steve, Bob

| 2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.

Accepted.

| 3. Next meeting: 20 June 2007

No regrets.

| 4. Review of the agenda.

Added item 7b.

| 5. Review of open action items
|
|  a. Bob to write up a description of xlink:role attribute
|     for olinks.

Continued.

|  b. Norm to submit Internet Draft RFC for DocBook MIME type.

Continued.

|  c. Norm to add link from main DocBook OASIS page to
|     the publishing subcommittee page.

Continued.

|  d. Norm to produce a new 5.0 release candidate.

Completed.

| 6.  DocBook 5.0.

We're almost there!

Dick reports that he's been using it and it's working fine.

| 7.  Status of Publishing Subcommittee.

Scott reports: we met earlier this month and went through the full
list of DocBook elements. Some we think should be core, others could
be put in separate modules. We'll look at a few that still need
discussion next week. Following next week's meeting we should have
a set of core DocBook elements identified.

Norm will attempt to get the behind-the-scenes pattern changes into
5.0CR5.

  7b. Public identifiers for the variants

Norm suggest that you use the rules from DocBook V4.x:
http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ch05.html

Norm will restore the Chapter 5 text on public identifiers to
DocBook 5.0: The Definitive Guide.

| 8.  Review of Requests for Enhancement
|
|    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):
|
|      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&;;
|      group_id=21935&atid=384107&aid=XXXX
|
|    RFEs to be considered (as of 22 April):
|      1666938  Add a description element to subject

Norm explains his rationale for not being in favor of this RFE: "the
point of using a controlled vocabulary is to prevent such semantic
drift."

Scott agrees.

Proposal: Reject this RFE.

Accepted.

|      1704374  Add support to sparse punctuation in db:address element

No reply from commenter.

Norm will ping the commenter again.

9. Any other business?

None. Adjourned.