OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 June 2007

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 June 2007

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 20 June 2007 at
05:00p EDT (02:00p PDT, 21:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 06:00JST+,
02:30a India+) for 30 minutes.


1. Roll call

Present: Steve Cogorno, Gary Cornelius, Paul Grosso, Scott Hudson,
Jirka Kosek, Bob Stayton.

Absent: Patricia Gee, Dick Hamilton, Nancy Harrison, Gershon Joseph, Norman 
Walsh (attended briefly)

2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.


3. Next meeting: 18 July 2007

No conflicts.

4. Review of the agenda.

No addition.

5. Review of open action items

  a. Bob to write up a description of xlink:role attribute
     for olinks.

  b. Norm to submit Internet Draft RFC for DocBook MIME type.

  c. Norm to add link from main DocBook OASIS page to
     the publishing subcommittee page.

  d. Norm to produce a 5.0CR5 release candidate.

  e. Norm to restore public identifiers text to TDG.

  f. Norm to ping the commenter on #1704374.

6.  DocBook 5.0

No new bug reports.
Norm wants to release one more candidate version soon
to reorganize it a bit, and then submit as a Committee
Specification at the August meeting after a 30 day period
with no problems.

7.  Subcommittee report.

Scott reported that the Publishing Subcommittee has been
meeting to define a core set of DocBook elements that
are common across publishing applications. A Wiki page
describes their work to date.  [2]

The next step is to identify gaps that might be filled with
additions to core or in optional modules.

8.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    These RFEs postponed until after 5.0 release
      1097183  Allow Task as a sibling of sections
      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation

    RFEs to be considered (as of 18 June):
      1704374  Add support to sparse punctuation in db:address element

The submittor changed the request from db:address to db:affiliation.
Adding any punctuation requires adding TEXT to the mix for
the element.  The Committee felt that adding TEXT solely for
punctuation was not appropriate, and that any punctuation
would best be generated by a stylesheet operating on the
well-defined children in the affiliation element.  REJECTED.

      1729466  Why not use the include and combine of RELAX NG?

Continued until Norm can comment.

Adjourned at 5:30pm EDT.


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200705/msg00002.html
[2] http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/PublishersMinimalElements

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]