OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 7 November 2007

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 7 November 2007

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 7 November 2007 at
05:00p EST (02:00p PST, 22:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 
07:00JST+, 03:30a India+) for 15 minutes.


1. Roll call

Present: Scott Hudson, Jirka Kosek, Bob Stayton, Norman Walsh.

Regrets: Paul Grosso, Dick Hamilton, Larry Rowland

Absent: Steve Cogorno, Jim Earley, Keith Falhgren, 
Gershon Joseph, Dave Pawson

Norm Walsh declared he could cast a proxy vote
for Paul Grosso, effectively giving us a quorum.

2. Accepted the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 12 December 2007

   NOTE: this is changed from the third Wednesday
         to the second Wednesday for December 2007.

   We will discuss moving the meeting time to an earlier
   hour at the next meeting.

4. Review of the agenda.

No additions.

5. Review of open action items

  a. Bob to organize TDG reading after names are fixed.
     Started, but CONTINUE.

  b. Norm to fix required refsect2 and refsect3
     in the DTD and XSD versions of 5.0.

  c. Norm to add uri to address, person, org in 5.0.

  d. Norm to fix personblurb and titleabbrev in biblioentry.

  e. Norm to fix requiring content after info in book.

  f. Norm to investigate tocdiv conversion script problems.

  g. Norm to permit MathML in inlineequation.

  h. Norm to allow keycap within userinput.

6.  DocBook 5.0 

The last CR was published 28 September and there have been
no bug reports.  Norm moved to make it a Committee Specification.
Scott seconded.  Jirka asked about making changes to the
nvdl and catalog files, but those will not affect the
standard as they are not officially part of it.  
The current DocBook 5.0 Candidate Release was approved
to be a Committee Standard.  Congratulations to all!

ACTION: Norm to submit the paperwork at the earliest convenience.

ACTION: Bob and Norm to discuss how to divide up The
Definitive Guide for reviewers.

7.  Subcommittee report.

Scott reported that the subcommittee has published a draft
of the Publishers customization of Docbook 5.  They will
start to look at the legal publishing domain.

8.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    These RFEs postponed until after 5.0 release
      1097183  Allow Task as a sibling of sections
      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation  
      1722935  DocBook 5: Adding proofreader in @class for othercredit? 
      1770787  Rename firstname and surname  
      1778566  allow <xref> and <linkend> in <type>  

    RFEs to be considered (as of 6 November):

      1812264  insert and delete. block and inline level 

Norm posted a response, and we are waiting for
clarification from the submittor.


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200710/msg00000.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]