Subject: RE: [docbook-tc] Review of The Definitive Guide for 5.0

Hi Norm,

  Here's the process:

1. I need to set up two special majority ballots for the TC to:
a) approve 5.0 as a Committee Specification, and
b) pending positive outcome of a), approve to submit for OASIS Standard vote.

For a) to happen, I need the an updated copy of 5.0 to point to in the ballot.
That means the prose component, including conformance statements (in original
source, XHTML, and PDF), as well as the actual DTD/schema/grammar files.

For b) to happen, I need at least three statements of use from organizational
members

The two ballots can run simultaneously; if you do not yet have the statements of
use I can start a) and then start b) when you're ready.

Once DocBook 5.0 is approved as a Committee Specification, I'll need updated
copies noting the new status and approval date.

Once a) and b) are completed, you can then make the formal submission per
section 3.4 of the TC Process - basically, copy the list and insert the
requisite text and/or hyperlinks. Deadline is the 15th of the month for ballots
the month following (i.e. any submissions I receive on/before 15 Jan will go to
OASIS membership ballot 16-28 Feb)

And before you ask, no, we still do not have the OASIS Library upload capability
exposed to members. Hopefully in 2008.

Happy Holidays to all,

Mary