Subject: Re: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 January 2008

/ Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk> was heard to say:
|>what I meant to say was:
|>
|> <para revisionflag="changed">
|> <phrase revisionflag="changed">Right. I</phrase> think you
|> <phrase revisionflag="added">already have the tools you</phrase>
|> need <phrase revisionflag="deleted">tools</phrase>
|
| IMHO that is grossly OTT Norm?
|
| Seems
| a) More semantically correct

Semantically equivalent, I think. In fact, the existing semantics are
richer since you can shortcut ins/del with changed :-)

| b) Far less typing?

Indeed.

| Is 'changed' an insert or a delete?

It's neither. Or both. It just means that the content has changed.

If your real concern is the amount of markup, I think I'd be inclined to
follow Keith's lead and invent your own local customization. Then translate
that into "proper" revisionflag markup.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | I think age is a very high price
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | to pay for maturity.--Tom Stoppard
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |