OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 20 August 2008

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 20 August 2008

*** NOTE: new meeting time is four hours earlier.

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 20 August 2008 at
01:00p EDT (10:00a PDT, 17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+,
022:30p India+) for 90 minutes.

Unless we hear from Norm, this is the phone number
 for Wednesday's DocBook TC call:

Phone: +1-719-387-5556
 Code: 902213

The DocBook TC uses the #docbook IRC channel on
irc.freenode.org.  The IRC channel is used for exchanging
URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects
of the teleconference, so please join us there if at
all possible.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.
3. Next meeting: 17 September 2008
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

  a. Bob to organize TDG reading after names are fixed.

  b. Dick and Jim to investigate using a map for modular DocBook.

  c. Norm to follow up with Mary about finalizing the Committee Spec.

  d. Norm to add a set of schemas incorporating the 
     W3C ITS standard that includes Ruby.

  e. Bob to add backwards compatibility policy to next agenda.

  f. Norm to write up a backwards compatibility policy document.

  g. Norm to work with Mary to facilitate 5.0 as
     an OASIS Standard. 

  h. Bob to add DocBook adoption committee to next agenda.

  j. Norm to query committee members by email about
     the suggested time change.

  k. Norm to write content models of group element for consideration.

6.  DocBook 5.0 standards update

7.  Policy for backwards compatible changes.
    Please review Norm's proposal [2]

8.  Publishing Subcommittee report.

9. DocBook Adoption Committee proposal.

10.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    These RFEs postponed until after 5.0 release
      1097183  Allow Task as a sibling of sections
      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation  
      1722935  DocBook 5: Adding proofreader in @class for othercredit? 
      1770787  Rename firstname and surname  

    RFEs to be considered 
      1907003  biblioid content model too broad  
      1998852  Provide a mechanism to group parameters 
      2021383  Is 'rep' on methodparam a mistake? 


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200807/msg00005.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200807/msg00029.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]