Subject: (don't) Allow Task as a sibling of sections

> DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 21 January 2009

>     RFEs to be considered
>       1097183  Allow Task as a sibling of sections

What is the latest thinking on this?

I know we've discussed it in the past, and I know
I've said that I don't see the point of trying to
dita-ize DocBook.  Sections are fine things to have
in DocBook--why do we need a sibling division called
task?  That just makes a mess of the hierarchy.

Since this RFE is still on our list, I assume we
didn't have consensus to just say no, so can someone
outline the arguments for why we'd want to do this
and how it can be done without trashing the hierarchy
and unnecessarily complicating both the markup and the
processing of such documents?

paul