OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 21 January 2009

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 21 January 2009

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday,
21 January 2009 at 1:00p EST (10:00a PST, 18:00GMT,
18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 03:00JST+, 11:30p India+) for 75


1. Roll call
Present: Keith Falhgren, Scott Hudson, Dick Hamilton,
Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton,
Norm Walsh.

Absent: Jim Earley, Patricia Gee, Nancy
Harrison, Corey Leong, Dave Pawson, John Pederson,
Pine Zhang

Regrets:  Paul Grosso, Gershon Joseph

We have a quorum of voting members.

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: the original date of 18 February has
conflicts, as do the preceding and following Wednesdays,
so it was proposed to move the meeting date
to Tuesday 17 February.

4. Review of the agenda.

No changes.

5. Review of open action items

  a. Bob to organize TDG reading after names are fixed.

  b. Norm to write up a backwards compatibility policy document.

  c. Norm to incorporate group parameter change (RFE 1998852) into the 
     for 5.1.

  d. Norm to ask mailing list about 'rep' on methodparam.

  e. Norm to update OASIS site for 5.0 spec and schema.

  f. Norm to update spec to include public and system identifiers
     for the 5.0 DTD version.

  g. Jirka to add schema comparison table to DocBook 5.0 Transition Guide.

  h. Norm to add floatstyle attribute to sidebar for 5.1.

  i. Norm to write up proposed content model for initializer.

  j. Norm to add subtitle to sidebar for 5.1.

  k. Dick to incorporate the final charter changes and send out for 

  l. Norm to determine OASIS requirements for charter updates.

  m. Norm to solicit for a third DocBook 5 user again.

6.  DocBook TC charter review.

The proposed new charter was posted 19 January by Dick [2],
and after several comments a final proposal was posted [3].
The Committee agreed unanimously to adopt the new charter.

ACTION: Norm to work with Mary to officially adopt
the new charter at OASIS.

7.  DocBook 5.0 standards update

Norm is still soliciting for a third institutional member of
OASIS that is using DocBook 5, so no progress on adopting
it as an OASIS Standard.

8.  Policy for backwards compatible changes (Norm).


9.  Publishing Subcommittee report (Scott).

Continuing its work to develop a schema variant suitable
for publishing companies, the Subcommittee published
a Committee Draft of "The DocBook Publishers Schema
Version 1.0" dated 13 January 2009 in HTML [4] and
PDF [5] (accessible to TC members only at this point).
Scott proposed making the spec a DocBook TC Working
Draft, and the Committee approved that proposal.

ACTION: Norm to work with Mary to make it
a Committee Working Draft.

ACTION: Norm to work with Keith and Scott to
update the OASIS committee site to make the
Working Draft publicly available.

10. Using a map for modular DocBook.

Scott described an initial proposal that several
participants developed.   The Committee asked
several questions and agreed to further discussions.

ACTION: Scott to write up a modular DocBook proposal for the TC
to discuss.

11.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


      1097183  Allow Task as a sibling of sections

To be discussed in the context of modular DocBook (see item 10).

      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation

To be discussed in the context of modular DocBook (see item 10).

      1722935  DocBook 5: Adding proofreader in @class for othercredit?

ACTION: Scott to append suggestions from the Publishing Subcommittee
regarding additional class values.

      1770787  Rename firstname and surname

The Committee recognized that the element names are
not very well internationalized.  However, changing the
element names would be backwards incompatible, and
that step was postponed.  For now, we will improve
the doc.

ACTION: Larry to write additional documentation for the
existing name elements describing how they are best used
in different locales.

      1907003  biblioid content model too broad
      2021383  Is 'rep' on methodparam a mistake?
      2100736  initializer should allow constants

These three are pending completion of action items.


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200812/msg00007.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200901/msg00001.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200901/msg00011.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]