Subject: Schema for assembly proposal

Folks,

please find attached the schema for the assembly proposal. Larry, please
use this to create your samples.

I think I got the syntax right, but let me know if you have any issues!
The include paths assume this is installed in the docbook/src directory.

Thanks and best regards,

--Scott

Scott Hudson
Senior XML Architect

e: scott.hudson@FlatironsSolutions.com
O: 303.542.2146
C: 303.332.1883
F: 303.544.0522

http://www.FlatironsSolutions.com
Vision. Experience. Engineering Excellence.

Bob Stayton wrote:
> DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 25 March 2009
>
> The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday,
> 25 March 2009 at 1:00p EDT (10:00a PDT, 17:00GMT,
> 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+, 11:30p India+) for 70
> minutes.
>
> 1. Roll call
> Present: Paul Grosso, Scott Hudson, Dick Hamilton,
> Richard Kwan, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh.
>
> Absent: Jim Earley, Keith Falhgren, Patricia Gee, Nancy
> Harrison, Corey Leong, Dave Pawson, John Pederson,
> Pine Zhang
>
> Regrets:  Gershon Joseph, Jirka Kosek
>
> We have a quorum of voting members.
>
> 2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.
>
> 3. Next meeting: 15 April 2009
>
> 4. Review of the agenda.
>
> Add three items: 7.1, 10.1 and 10.2
>
> 5. Review of open action items
>
>   a. Bob to organize TDG reading after names are fixed.
>   CONTINUE
>
>   b. Norm to write up a backwards compatibility policy document.
>   CONTINUE
>
>   c. Norm to incorporate group parameter change (RFE 1998852) into the
> schema
>      for 5.1.
>   CONTINUE
>
>   d. Norm to ask mailing list about 'rep' on methodparam.
>   COMPLETED
>
>   e. Norm to update OASIS site for 5.0 spec and schema.
>   CONTINUE
>
>   f. Norm to update spec to include public and system identifiers
>      for the 5.0 DTD version.
>   CONTINUE
>
>   g. Jirka to add schema comparison table to DocBook 5.0 Transition Guide.
>   CONTINUE
>
>   h. Norm to add floatstyle attribute to sidebar for 5.1.
>   CONTINUE
>
>   i. Norm to write up proposed content model for initializer.
>   CONTINUE
>
>   j. Norm to add subtitle to sidebar for 5.1.
>   CONTINUE
>
>   k. Dick to incorporate the final charter changes and send out for
> approval.
>   COMPLETED
>
>   l. Norm to determine OASIS requirements for charter updates.
>   CONTINUE
>
>   m. Norm to solicit for a third DocBook 5 user again.
>   COMPLETED
>
> (the following items were missing from the agenda)
>
>   n. Norm to work with Mary to make Publishing Subcommittee
>      schema a Committee Working Draft.
>   CONTINUE
>
>   o. Norm to work with Keith and Scott to update the OASIS committee
>      site to make the Publishing Subcommittee Working Draft
>      publicly available.
>   CONTINUE
>
>   p. Scott to write up a modular DocBook proposal for the TC
>      to discuss.
>   COMPLETED
>
>   q. Scott to append suggestions to RFE 1722935 from the
>      Publishing Subcommittee regarding additional class values.
>   COMPLETED
>
>   r. Larry to write additional documentation for the existing name
> [...]
# This file is a module of DocBook V5.0 to support modular DocBook assemblies.
#
# Copyright 1992-2007 HaL Computer Systems, Inc.,
# O'Reilly & Associates, Inc., ArborText, Inc., Fujitsu Software
# Corporation, Norman Walsh, Sun Microsystems, Inc., and the
# Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information
# Standards (OASIS).
#
# Release: $Id: assembly.rnc 7466 2009-03-27 14:03:55Z shudson310 $
#
# Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute the DocBook schema
# and its accompanying documentation for any purpose and without fee
# is hereby granted in perpetuity, provided that the above copyright
# notice and this paragraph appear in all copies. The copyright
# holders make no representation about the suitability of the schema
# for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without expressed or implied
# warranty.
#
# If you modify the DocBook schema in any way, label your schema as a
# variant of DocBook. See the reference documentation
# (http://docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/ch05.html#s-notdocbook)
# for more information.
#
# Please direct all questions, bug reports, or suggestions for changes
# to the docbook@lists.oasis-open.org mailing list. For more
# information, see http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/.
#
# ======================================================================

namespace ctrl = "http://nwalsh.com/xmlns/schema-control/";
namespace rng  = "http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0";
namespace s = "http://www.ascc.net/xml/schematron";
namespace db = "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
default namespace = "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";

include "toc.rnc"
include "core.rnc"

start |= db.assembly

 [
   db:refname [ "assembly" ]
   db:refpurpose [ "Defines the resources, hierarchy, and relationships for a collection of DocBook components." ]
]
db.assembly =

  element assembly {
    db.info?, db.toc*, db.resources+, db.relationships*
  }

 [
   db:refname [ "resources" ]
   db:refpurpose [ "A high-level container that contains one or more resource objects that are managed by the assembly.  An assembly can contain 1 or more resources containers to allow users to organize content into logical groups based on profiling attributes." ]
]
db.resources =
  element resources {
    db.common.attributes,
    db.resource+
  }

[
   db:refname [ "resource" ]
   db:refpurpose [ "Identifies a managed object within the assembly. Typically, a resource will point to a content file that can be identified by a valid URI.  A resource can also contain a 'static' text value that  behaves similarly to a text entity." ]
]
db.resource =
  element resource {
    db.common.attributes,
    attribute fileref { text }?,
    text?
  }

[
   db:refname [ "relationships" ]
   db:refpurpose [ "Contains one or more relationship elements to define associations between resources." ]
]
db.relationships =
  element relationships {
    db.common.attributes,
    db.relationship+
  }

[
   db:refname [ "relationships" ]
   db:refpurpose [ "Each relationship must contain at least one arc and one or more instances linked to a resource id." ]
]
db.relationship =
  element relationship {
    db.common.attributes,
    db.arc, db.instance+
  }

[
   db:refname [ "arc" ]
   db:refpurpose [ "The type of relationship between one or more resources. Can point to a URI or contain text to describe the relationship." ]
]
db.arc =
  element arc{
    db.common.attributes
    & db.linkend.attribute?
    & text?
  }

[
   db:refname [ "instance" ]
   db:refpurpose [ "The occurence of a resource in a relationship. Must link to a valid resource id." ]
]
db.instance =
  element instance {
    db.common.attributes