Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook Publishers Schema specification v1.0

Looks good; I just found one very minor nit; see below at '***'

Nancy

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Scott Hudson <scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com> wrote:
Folks,

Mary McRae informed me that all OASIS specs require a conformance statement. The Publishers SC met today and approved the conformance language for the Publishers spec. I have added this section to the spec and re-posted the files to the OASIS site.

I do not know if this requires a re-vote of the spec to Committee Draft. Hopefully we can address this via email, so we can get the spec posted for public review prior to the next TC meeting.

Please review the documents at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32404/publishers.xml
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32403/publishers-1.0-spec-cd-01.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32402/publishers-1.0-spec-cd-01.pdf

Here is the conformance language that was added:

Conformance

The DocBook Publishers schema is a valid DocBook v5.0 customization. Publications or documents will be considered conformant to this specification if they validate against the DocBook Publishers schema (publishers.rnc or publishers.rng).

Extensions allow implementers to include features that are in demand by their customers. Extensions may migrate into future versions of this specification. However, the use of extensions can have an impact on interoperability.

Any

extenstions
extenstions -> extensions
to this schema SHALL follow the principles and guidelines of the DocBook v5.0 and this Publishers specification; that is, the specifications SHALL be extended in a standard manner as described in http://docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/ch05.html.

For implementations and/or applications that contain extensions, extensions SHALL be clearly described in supporting documentation, and the extensions SHALL be marked as such within the implementation/application.

This document’s normative language is English. Translation into other languages is permitted.

Please send to this list any comments and/or your approval of this revision as a Committee Draft.

Thanks and best regards,

-- Scott
Scott Hudson
Senior XML Architect

e: scott.hudson@FlatironsSolutions.com
O: 303.542.2146
C: 303.332.1883
F: 303.544.0522

http://www.FlatironsSolutions.com
Vision. Experience. Engineering Excellence.