OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [docbook] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 June2009

I have produced another sample of the assembly.  I am only trying to address the description of structure of various documents (a help system, a book, and a tutorial based on shared content from two different repositories).  The issue of relationships among content were perplexing enough that I decided it would be worth resolving the "how do I describe the documents" question first and then address the other.  I have not had time to get this out to the rest of the modular documentation group ahead of time, so they will be fresh to the discussion tomorrow, too.

I took the issues we ran into with the last proposal and some off-line discussions to come up with a model that uses a structure wrapper with module children that can point at content.  Modules can accept module elements as children, to support the hierarchy.  Both elements can contain things like title and toc and info to allow controlling the structure of the document including the things like Tables of Content and indices along with document wide metadata.  I do not pretend to have a final content model, since I think the question of how much content a module can contain within the assembly is still to be discussed (the original proposal allowed text, but no markup), but I think this will allow us to discuss the questions more effectively.

Sorry it is so late.  I have been dealing with a family emergency for the last couple of weeks.

Best Regards,
Larry Rowland

We have not succeeded in answering all your questions.  The answers we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of questions. -- In some ways we are as confused as ever, but we believe we're now confused on a higher level and about more important things.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:42 AM
To: DocBook Technical Committee
Cc: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 June 2009

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 June 2009

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 17 June 2009 at
01:00p EDT (10:00a PDT, 17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+,
022:30p India+) for 90 minutes.

Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.

This is the phone number for Wednesday's DocBook TC call:

Phone: +1-719-387-5556
 Code: 902213

The DocBook TC uses the #docbook IRC channel on
irc.freenode.org.  The IRC channel is used for exchanging
URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects
of the teleconference, so please join us there if at
all possible.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.
3. Next meeting: 15 July 2009
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

  a. Bob to organize TDG reading after names are fixed.

  b. Jirka to add schema comparison table to DocBook 5.0 Transition Guide.

  c. Norm to work with Mary to make Publishing Subcommittee
     schema a Committee Working Draft.

  d. Norm to work with Keith and Scott to update the OASIS committee
     site to make the Publishing Subcommittee Working Draft
     publicly available.

  e. Norm to put the new backwards compatibility policy in the spec.

  f. Norm to put the new backwards compatibility policy in the
     reference documentation.

  g. Norm will update 5.1 with changes to initializer
     content model.

  h. Norm to take a look at the inlines and make a proposal
     regarding RFE 2791288.

6.  DocBook 5.0 standards update.

7.  Publishing Subcommittee report.

8. Using a map for modular DocBook.

9.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to revisit for 6.0
      1907003  biblioid content model too broad  

    RFEs to be considered 
      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation  
      2770858  Add limited emphasis to ubiquitous inlines 
      2791288  add quote to corpauthor and gui elements 


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200905/msg00009.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

To unsubscribe, e-mail: docbook-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org
For additional commands, e-mail: docbook-help@lists.oasis-open.org


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]