Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] RE: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 June 2009

Scott Hudson <scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com> writes:
> We don't want to "copy" DITA, but to enable capabilities beyond what
> DITA can provide. This is where the relationships is more powerful,
> IMO, than the reltable approach in DITA.

I think we should be aiming for a balance here. There are a number of
conflicting goals, I think:

1. We want the result to look and feel like DocBook

2. To the extent that users with DITA map experience know where the
   pain is in those maps, we should try to do a better job

3. We don't want to be gratuitously different from DITA maps since
   there will undoubtably be some users with DITA maps experience.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | I don't make predictions. I never
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | have and I never will.--Tony Blair
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |