Subject: Another pass on the assembly

Hello team,

I have modified the schema and the sample to try to deal with the
comments from the last meeting.  I have done the following:

  - Added renderas to module.  It will be the default render for
    an element.  Output elements inside it will control the render for
    a specific output.  I have also made the outputformat attribute
    optional for an output element, which introduces the possibility of
    two renderas values that both are supposed to apply to all outputs.
    However, where you just want to specify a file name, it seems to be
    the right thing to do.

 - Added grammar to output if outputformat and outputfile are both
   specified to deal with how to tell the system to render the tutorial
   for the tutorial engine when the outputformat is helpsystem.  You
   specify the transform to do special tricks for an output.

 - Added some info content to the assembly element.

 - Made filterout and filterin non-exclusive.  Up to the user not to
   specify the same values for any attribute on the two of them.  I am
   only allowing one of each, but that can be easily changed.

 - Added some comments about inheritance of filter values.

 - Changed navtitle to titleabbrev.

 - Added a chunk attribute, with the values yes, no, and auto with auto
   the default.

There may be some other changes, since I did this over a much longer
period of time than I originally thought I would and didn't keep very
careful notes (every once and a while work really takes a lot of time.
However, I did try to deal with all the comments that were made at the
last meeting.  It is up to you to determine how well I did so.

I did not add the fileref to the module that Bob suggested.  I had
almost finished the changes when his comment came in.  I am also a
little concerned about introducing things that make producing a sample
easier but will end up being a bad practice if people adapt them as a
practice.  I think if they want to refer directly to files they should
be using xinclude or something similar, not something designed for
modular projects.  Allowing something but advising against it has
always reminded me of the cartoon with the huge red button labeled
"Do Not Press."  However, if this is something that needs to be done,
it is easy enough to do.

The new sample and the new schema are attached.  You need to provide
your own copies of the rest of the DocBook schema files.

LRR

[ Larry Rowland             | If you want to build a ship, don't drum ]
[ ESS/ATG                   | up the men to gather the wood, divide   ]
[ Hewlett-Packard           | the work, and give orders. Instead,     ]
[ 3404 East Harmony Road    | teach them to yearn for the vast and    ]
[ Fort Collins, CO  80528   | endless sea. - Antoine de Saint Exupery ]
[ E-Mail:larry.rowland@.hp.com                                        ]

assembly-sample-5.zip