Subject: RE: [docbook-tc] proposal: add relatedlink element to topic

Do we also need an element to indicate where the links that are resolved at processing time are to be displayed?  I think "at the end of the topic" is a little ambiguous.  If I combine a couple of short modules to make a larger chunk, I might want to have the links for all of them presented at the end of the section combining the topics rather than breaking up the flow at the end of each piece.  Having an element that behaves like a toc element, indicating where to put the list would be helpful.

Regards,
Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 11:58 AM
To: Scott Hudson
Cc: docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Scott,
The relationships element operates at the structure level and is maintained
outside of the topics.  The relatedlink element is a mechanism for allowing
users to insert related links within topics as they are being authored.  I
think the two mechanism are complementary.  Some links are best managed
outside the topics and some inside the topics.  I would expect that links
from both sources would be merged at processing time.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net