Subject: Context for relationships and related links

Hello folks,

At the end of our call about linking (which I think was very
productive), we got snarled up a question about context. For inline
related links, the context is the container in which they occur (or
one of its ancestors). For relationship elements, it seemed like there
wasn't a context. But I think I've worked it out.

For any collection, if the current element is a member of that
collection, then all the other members are its related links.

So, given this relationship:

    <relationship type="collection">
      <association>Advanced User Topics</association>
      <instance linkend="xidi.parameters.syntax"/>
      <instance linkend="svn.properties"/>
    </relationship>

then svn.properties is the other member when you're building the
xidi.parameter.syntax unit (module/section/whatever) and
xidi.parameter.syntax is the other member when you're building the
svn.properties unit.

Right?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | If you run after wit you will
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | succeed in catching folly.--
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | Montesquieu