Subject: RE: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16December 2009

I am not sure my action item from the meeting is exactly what I have
covered in the attached set of files.  I have tried to explain how we
currently view help systems and how we build and, to a certain extent,
deploy them.  I feel that while the assembly model needs to be output
agnostic in many ways, it also needs to be able to deal with the
specifics of an output if it is going to be able to effectively
describe something like a help system.  It may be that part of what I
have expressed as elements and attributes in the past should have
been done with processing instructions, but if assemblies are to
describe documents, they need to be flexible enough to describe things
that are not books at their core.

The attached ZIP file contains four items (please start with
help-model.txt):

  - help-model.txt
  - help-operation-node.png
  - help-toc-node.png
  - sys-structure.xml

Sorry it is not shorter, I didn't have much time to work on it.

Best Regards,
Larry Rowland