OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 January 2010

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 January 2010

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 20 January 2010 at
01:00p EDT (10:00a PDT, 17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+,
022:30p India+).

1. Roll call

Present: Paul Grosso, Dick Hamilton, Nancy Harrison,
Scott Hudson, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland,
Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh.  We have a quorum.

Absent: Patricia Gee, Chris Chung, Jim Earley, Keith Falhgren,
Gershon Joseph, Corey Leong, Dave Pawson, John Pederson, Pine Zhang

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 17 February 2010

No regrets yet.

4. Review of the agenda.

No additions.

5. Review of open action items

  a.  Gershon to develop a reltable example.

  b.  Norm to develop a proposal for maintaining the DocBook websites.

  c.  Larry to write up his view of the processing expectations of a
      structure element and how it has to work to satisfy his needs.

  d.  Bob to add discussion of indexterms in footnote to next month's

6.  Status of new edition of DocBook: The Definitive Guide

The new edition is completed and in production.

7.  Publishing Subcommittee report.

Meetings are suspended until they can resolve building
a DTD from the RelaxNG schema. Nick Gibson joined
and may help with that.

8.  eLearning Subcommittee report.

A subcommittee Wiki is now up [2].
The committee is looking at how the new DocBook
assembly can be adapted to course assembly.

9.  Finalize indexterms in footnote (RFE 2821653)

Proposal to allow indexterms in footnote was accepted.
It was already allowed, just deprecated in the documentation.

ACTION: Norm to better document indexterm in footnote.

10.  DocBook assembly schema.

Still need to resolve syntax for related links in assembly.

ACTION: Bob to restart discussion on the TC mailing list.

Scott raised the issue of adding info to module and other
assembly elements to support metadata.  Norm had
added info in order to hold a title that would override
the title in the resource it pointed to. Bob objected
to using info for override content as well as
metadata for assembly elements.  It was agreed that
they need to be differentiated.

ACTION: Bob to initiate discussion of info on TC list.

11.  Transclusion in DocBook.

We received a use case from a user.  Still not sure
if DocBook should do this or if another standard
should be pursued.

ACTION: Jirka to write up requirements document for transclusions
in DocBook.

12.  Linking in modular DocBook.

See item #10.

13.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to revisit for 6.0
      1907003  biblioid content model too broad

    RFEs to be considered
      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation
      2791288  add quote to corpauthor and gui elements
      2820190  add a topic element
      2820947  Ability to transclude text
      2821653  indexterms in footnotes

      2933356  Remove language attribute from address

Norm reopened RFE 2907126 "msgaud/level/orig in simplemsgentry are spelled 
because there is no practical solution to implement the changes.
The committee resolved to deny this RFE.


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200912/msg00024.html
[2] http://wiki.oasis-open.org/docbook/eLearningSC

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]