OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 May 2010

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 May 2010

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 19 May 2010 at
01:00p EDT (10:00a PDT, 17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+,
022:30p India+) for 45 minutes.

1. Roll call

Present: Paul Grosso, Dick Hamilton, Larry Rowland,
Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh.  We have a quorum.

Regrets: Jirka Kosek, Gershon Joseph

Absent: Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 16 June 2010

4. Review of the agenda.

Dick wanted to add an item for Google Summer of Code.

5. Review of open action items

  a.  Norm to develop a proposal for maintaining the DocBook websites.

  b.  Jirka to write up requirements document for transclusions in DocBook.

  c.  Norm to investigate expanding content model of sidebar (RFE 2935829)

  d.  Scott to submit Publishing DTD to OASIS for review.

  e.  Norm to propose wording for changing the bug fixing policy.

  f.  Bob to republish the topic schema for inclusion in 5.1.

  g.  Larry to respond to RFE 2954469.

7.  Publishing Subcommittee report.

Scott not present.

8.  eLearning Subcommittee report.

Scott not present.

9.  Change bug fixing release protocol (Norm).

Norm proposed new wording as follows:

"A point release (X.1 to X.2, X.2 to X.3, X.1 to X.1.2,
etc.) must not contain any backwards incompatible changes
unless those changes correct obvious bugs accidentally
introduced in the preceding version."


"The exclusion in point 1 is designed to allow the
committee to correct errors accidentally introduced in a
point release, that are technically backwards incompatible,
without having to leave them in the schema until the next
full version."

The new language was accepted.

11.  Linking in modular DocBook.

This item was regarding reltable, which is not currently slated
to be included in 5.1.  We will cover this at the next meeting.

Norm wants to get out a 5.1 Beta that includes topic and
assembly very soon. 

We discussed the issue of where the topic element could appear.
Larry suggested only where a chapter could appear (in book and part),
and Bob suggested adding anywhere a section could appear, 
except disallowing topic and section to be siblings.
The committee favored the latter, so we will include
a looser model in the 5.1 beta.

12.  Transclusion in DocBook.

Postponed until we get a proposal.
Norm will check with Jirka about progress.

13.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to revisit for 6.0
      1907003  biblioid content model too broad  

    RFEs to be considered 
      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation  
      2820190  add a topic element  
      2820947  Ability to transclude text 
      2935829  Expand content model of sidebar 
      2964576  disallow table in entry  

No new RFEs

Meeting adjoured at 1:45pm EDT.


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201004/msg00003.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]