Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] topic content model

"Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> writes:
> I'm completing my action item to republish the content model for the
> new topic element.  Here is a RNC customization layer that I
> completed, but I'm not sure it is syntactically correct as my RNC is a
> bit rusty.  I think you get the idea, though.

Here's what I checked in this morning:

# This file is part of DocBook V5.0
#
# Copyright 1992-2008 HaL Computer Systems, Inc.,
# O'Reilly & Associates, Inc., ArborText, Inc., Fujitsu Software
# Corporation, Norman Walsh, Sun Microsystems, Inc., and the
# Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information
# Standards (OASIS).
#
# Release: $Id: hier.rnc 8569 2010-01-15 00:23:46Z nwalsh $
#
# Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute the DocBook schema
# and its accompanying documentation for any purpose and without fee
# is hereby granted in perpetuity, provided that the above copyright
# notice and this paragraph appear in all copies. The copyright
# holders make no representation about the suitability of the schema
# for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without expressed or implied
# warranty.
#
# If you modify the DocBook schema in any way, label your schema as a
# variant of DocBook. See the reference documentation
# (http://docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/ch05.html#s-notdocbook)
# for more information.
#
# Please direct all questions, bug reports, or suggestions for changes
# to the docbook@lists.oasis-open.org mailing list. For more
# information, see http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/.
#
# ======================================================================

namespace rng  = "http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0";
namespace s = "http://www.ascc.net/xml/schematron";
namespace db = "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
namespace dbx = "http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/defguide/schema/extra-markup";
default namespace = "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";

start |= db.topic
db.components |= db.topic

[
   db:refname [ "topic" ]
   db:refpurpose [ "A modular unit of documentation not part of any particular narrative flow" ]
]
div {

   db.topic.status.attribute = db.status.attribute

   db.topic.role.attribute = attribute role { text }

   db.topic.type.attribute = attribute type { text }

   db.topic.attlist =
      db.topic.role.attribute?
    & db.topic.type.attribute?
    & db.common.attributes
    & db.common.linking.attributes
    & db.label.attribute?
    & db.topic.status.attribute?

   db.topic.info = db._info.title.req

   db.topic =
      element topic {
         db.topic.attlist,
         db.topic.info,
         db.navigation.components*,
         db.toplevel.blocks.or.sections,
         db.navigation.components*
      }
}

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | There is a road from the eye to
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the heart that does not go through
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | the intellect.--G. K. Chesterton