Subject: Assembly questions

Looking at 5.1b1,...

1. Why does the module have @renderas when it can contain an output that
   also has @renderas?

2. Renderas is an NMTOKEN. Shouldn't it be an xs:QName (maybe with a
   special default rule that says that a name in no colon is by default
   in the DocBook namespace)?

3. If module *should* have @renderas, then shouldn't structure as well?

4. What is @type on structure for?

5. It seems inconsistent to me that you can say

     <module resourceref="someid"/>

   But you can't say

   Forcing me to insert a level of indirection just because I want to have
   a bit of content in the assembly file seems entirely arbitrary.

   (And it would seem equally arbitrary to say that resource can contain
   some DocBook elements and not any DocBook element.)

Sorry if I'm repeating myself.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | It is seldom that any liberty is
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | lost all at once.--David Hume
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |