Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook namespace use policy

I'd be even more specific about the implications

- n

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 3:13 AM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:
On 15 November 2010 23:23, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
> One of my DocBook TC action items was to state a policy regarding the use of
> the DocBook namespace.  Here is the wording I would suggest.
>
> "The DocBook TC does not prohibit users from adding new elements to the
> DocBook namespace (http://docbook.org/ns/docbook). However, such new
> elements are not part of the DocBook standard unless they are approved by
> the DocBook Technical Committee."
>
> Do we need to say more?

That's phrased in the negative Bob? Might be clear and easier to use
as a policy if phrased positively?

Users may add elements and attributes to the db schema but be aware
that these are not docbook.
Docbook is defined as those elements and attributes in the docbook namespace
which are defined by the docbook TC.

Users may add elements and attributes to the db schema but should be aware
that these are not part of standard DocBook and will not be supported by the DocBook
stylesheets at SourceForge.
Docbook is defined as those elements and attributes in the docbook namespace
which are defined by the docbook TC.

HTH

--
Dave Pawson