Subject: Fw: [docbook-apps] DocBook Publishers Schema and the DocBook XSLT

I'm wondering if the DocBook  TC members noticed this posting from Nic Gibson from
last week?  He is offering stylesheets for the Publishers schema.  I didn't see any
response, so I thought I would raise it to the TC.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nic Gibson" <nicg@corbas.net>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:51 AM

Morning all

I'm working on XSLT to create XHTML for EPUB from (something almost identical to) the
DocBook Publishers schema. Penguin Books, the client, have given me  permission to
modify these to remove Penguin specific components (the poetry and drama mark-up are
slightly more complex with a few additional elements) and make them available for the
DocBook project if they're wanted. Additionally, another client are looking at DocBook
Publishers to FO and are willing to fund that development.

So, I'm wondering, bar Bob Stayton's book, are there any guidelines on conventional
approaches to creating this sort of customisation? That is, coding styles and the
like?

cheers

nic
--