OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 January 2011

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 January 2011

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 19 January 2011 at
01:00p EST (10:00a PST, 17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+,
022:30p India+) for 70 minutes.

1. Roll call

Paul Grosso, Dick Hamilton, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson,
Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh

Jirka Kosek

Gershon Joseph

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 16 February 2011

4. Review of the agenda.

5. Review of open action items

  a.  Norm to develop a proposal for maintaining the DocBook websites.

  b.  Norm to publish an online version of DocBook 5.0 doc.

  c.  Norm to add namespace usage policy to the official docs.

  d.  Jirka to ask the mailing list for feedback on the
      transclusion proposal.

  e.  Norm to respond to RFE 3107140, acronym expansion inline

6.  Linking in assembly.

Please see Larry's latest proposal. [2]

Larry summarized the proposal.
The basic relationship is bidirectional.
Directional relationships can be implemented using linking="targetonly"
or linking="sourceonly".
He described hierarchical and navigational path relationships too.
The list relationship generated much discussion.

ACTION: Larry to clarify list relationship in the proposal.

7.  Transclusion in DocBook.

Please see Jirka's updated requirements [3] and proposal [4]


8.  Decision about Larry's help example in assembly and @type proposal. 

Postponed.  Larry and Bob to track down the latest info and
repost it.

9.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to revisit for 6.0
      1907003  biblioid content model too broad  

    RFEs under discussion
      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation  
      2820190  add a topic element  
      2820947  Ability to transclude text 
      3035565  Allow sections at any level  
      3107140  aconym expansion inline 

    New RFEs 
      3146537  HTML forms elements are missing from DocBook 5 schemas  

Norm says the HTML form elements were in a customization layer
in DocBook 4.  We should probably also do a similar customization
layer for DocBook 5.

ACTION: Norm to respond to the RFE.

      3150303  Allow filename inside contrib 

The TC looked at the use case, and at potential other additions
to contrib.  It was proposed to add just filename.  APPROVED.

      3156768  <result> tag

The TC was generally favorable toward adding a result element
to step and procedure.

ACTION: Larry to create proposed content models to include result element.


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201012/msg00009.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201012/msg00007.html
[3] http://docbook.org/docs/transclusion-requirements/
[4] http://docbook.org/docs/transclusion/

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]