OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 18 May 2011

This is from my action item for this meeting.

I don't know whether I'll make it to the call - I'm on another at the moment - but I'm attaching a discussion of the issues involved in transclusion and conditional processing relative to DITA.  This is FAQ item #1.3 at the URL below, but it may only be accessible to DITA TC members, so I put it in a file so anyone could see it.



On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 18 May 2011

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 18 May 2011 at
01:00p EDT for 90 minutes.

Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.

This is the phone number for Wednesday's DocBook TC call:

Phone: +1-719-387-5556
Code: 902213

The DocBook TC uses the #docbook IRC channel on
irc.freenode.org.  The IRC channel is used for exchanging
URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects
of the teleconference, so please join us there if at
all possible.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.
3. Next meeting: 15 June 2011
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

 a.  Larry to review the DocBook 5.1 schema to see if it reflects
    his notion of the current state of play for assembly.

 b.  Jirka to create a single file Publishers schema.

 c.  Bob to query Norm about adding Publishers schema to TDG.

 d.  Bob to send note to Norm asking if he can create
    a Simplified DocBook 5 schema. Scott said he could help.

 e.  Bob to update his XSL stylesheet for building a
    DocBook document from an assembly.

 f.  Jirka will write up a comparison of the two transclusion      approaches (empty element with @ref attribute or
    dedicated ref element).

 g.  Nancy will review the DITA discussion of this
    issue of processing order of transclusions and profiling.

 h.  Bob to investigate ISTC and report to the TC.

6.  Publishers Schema promotion

Add to docbook.org.

7.  Simplified DocBook 5

8.  DocBook assembly.

9.  Transclusion in DocBook.

10.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

  To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


  RFEs to revisit for 6.0
    1907003  biblioid content model too broad  
  RFEs under discussion
    1679665  Add better support for modular documentation       2820190  add a topic element       2820947  Ability to transclude text      3035565  Allow sections at any level       3107140  aconym expansion inline      3146537  HTML forms elements are missing from DocBook 5 schemas       3156768  <result> tag
    3163121  Add <preface> as a child of <set>      3274136  Production markup is too limiting      3287339  Add ISTC to class attribute for biblioid


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201104/msg00017.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:

Nancy Harrison
Infobridge Solutions 


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]