Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Re: RFE 3107140

On 16 June 2011 17:02, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> I get what you want to do, and support it for accessibility reasons.  I'm
> not sure about how to represent it in a content model, though. The current
> content model of acronym is mixed content of text and inlines.  If
> <expansion> were added as a child element, it would fall into that bag of
> inlines in the mixed content, but it isn't necessarily meant to be part of
> that displayed content. I don't think the schema syntax allows specifying a
> content model that consists of an optional expansion element followed by
> mixed content, does it?  And I don't think using an attribute on acronym is
> appropriate either, since it is displayable text that might need its own
> child elements (trademark, etc.).

Is that the issue? Note I said that access software needs to get at it,
not necessarily for normal viewing? E.g. (My syntax)
blah blah blah <acronym>RNIB</acronym> Royal National Institute for
the Blind blah blah
would be first use, then later <acronym sayas="Royal National
Institute for the Blind">RNIB</acronym> would work for me, but how to
get that into html for
the current speech synth engines?

I'll investigate that aspect.

Either an attribute, or an inline element would suffice?

regards

  So it seems just adding <expansion> to