Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Re: RFE 3107140

On 20 June 2011 17:00, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
> On 20.6.2011 11:21, Dave Pawson wrote:
>
>> I disagree with alt as internal markup on semantic grounds
>> http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/alt.html
>
> I suggest to read DocBook V5 definition of alt which was changed since V4.x:
>
> http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/alt.html
>
> Does V5 alt works for you?

Description

A text (or other nonvisual) description of a graphical element. This
is intended to be an alternative to the graphical presentation.

No, with that definition?
Almost contradicts (or expands on)
alt — A text-only annotation, often used for accessibility

If the description were made more general (perhaps with an accessibility
slant) then yes.

Would this cause confusion with 4.x users if changed to a more general
use from a graphics only?

regards

--
Dave Pawson