Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Re: RFE 3107140

On 24 June 2011 11:56, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

> provide the <tag class="attribute">title</tag> attribute for the HTML
> <tag namespace="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>phrase</tag>, commonly presented
> as a “tooltip” in visual browsers.</para>
>
> </refsection>
>
> Better? And does this provide a satisfactory close for 3107140?

Except for <phrase> as in html?
http://www.w3.org/WAI/wcag-curric/sam41-0.htm

<ACRONYM TITLE="Museum of Fine Arts">MFA</ACRONYM>,

I.e. the title attribute is on acronym element, not phrase?
See
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2011/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20110621/H28.html
where it is used for abbr too?
Same usage,
<abbr title="and others">et al.</abbr>

So  yes, but change
 <tag namespace="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>phrase</tag>,
 <tag namespace="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>acronym</tag>,

Also wary of " commonly presented  as a “tooltip” in visual browsers"
since that is a visual presentation? Blind users would hear it.

How about "Allows the expansion to be presented appropriately
to the user"

HTH

--
Dave Pawson